I read Internet Computing BSc (Hons) at the University of Hull, Scarborough Campus between 2005 and 2008, graduating First Class with Honours.
During my course, I completed several pieces of technical writing, including my final year project (dissertation) on web storytelling. Overall, my favoured modules included managing a team of fellow students to deliver projects to multiple clients (personas played by our tutors), web authoring modules (HTML, CSS, web standards, accessibility, implementation) and research (proposing hypotheses, conducting tests, drawing conclusions, critical thinking, formal paper writing).
Here are some examples of my writing during my degree:
- “Has the evolution of 2D Digital Design Technology allowed modern designers more or less creative freedom?”
Short response to the title posed in a second year Animation and Simulation module. .pdf format, December 2006
- The Disclosure of Personal Information By UK University Students on Facebook and MySpace
Formally presented research paper on social networking in UK universities. .pdf format, April 2007
- “The Pros and Cons of Living Online” – Mobile Phone Tracking
A response to the theme, in relation to mobile phone tracing in the always on society. .pdf format, November 2007
- Web Storytelling, Literature Review and Project Summary Presentation
Research project presentation given at the end of the first semester, following completion of literature review and the outlook of the project in the next semester. .pdf format, November 2007
- Web Storytelling, Final Report – Dissertation
Final report submitted in partial fulfilment of the requirements for the Degree of Bachelor of Science in Internet Computing. .pdf format, April 2008